Hello everyone. By no means do I profess to be an expert in relationships but the one thing I do have is a very successful marriage of twenty years. Through those years my wife and I have had to work through several trials and tribulations. We could have very easily given up but the both of us took our vowels very seriously. That hard work has brought us to a point in our relationship where we know everything will be just fine. I will share with you some of the small things that have helped us to make our marriage last. This is part one of a small three part series.
1. It is very important that you make time for one another. I can’t tell you how much because I don’t know your schedule but no matter what you do the both of you have to commit this time to being quality time. There should be no distractions of any kind.
2. You have to both realize that you can’t be right all the time. Compromise will be a huge word in your marriage and you have to learn how it works early on in your relationship. Sometimes you have to give to get.
3. Keeping a happy medium with your feelings is crucial. It is important that your spouse knows that you need them but on the other hand if you are always hanging all over them then things are going to go bad quickly.
4. If you want your partner to listen to you when you need someone to talk to then you have to make sure you make the effort to listen to them in their time of need. One thing to remember is that it takes two to tangle.
5. If you’re waiting for compliments it’s not always going to happen. Its okay to encourage kind words by asking questions like doesn’t the car look good?
6. When it comes to the bedroom it’s a must that both of you show each other what you like right from the beginning. 9 times out of ten your partner isn’t going to figure it out without your help.
7. I will tell you what works great to reassure your partner that everything is going to be all right. That is to every once in a while give them the smile. You know which one I mean. The one that shows love and sincerity.
8. You have to learn to live with each other. What might have been cute early in your relationship might be annoying now but just remember that you to are going to do annoying things as well.
These are very simple tasks to put into place and follow. I cannot guarantee these will make your relationship perfect but if the relationship was meant to be then these will just show you that much sooner.
This is part one in a 3 part miniseries on how to make your relationship succeed. All the answers are not here but if you follow these tips it can make your relationship much healthier.
Dale is presently working on getting his first novel published. He has been married for twenty years and is a self taught expert fisherman for the last 35 years. You can find some of his incredible stories at his blogs. http://relationshiptidbits.blogspot.com/ http://fishingtutor.blogspot.com/ http://stcajo-readshortstories.blogspot.com/