Hello everyone. By no means do I profess to be an expert in relationships but the one thing I do have is a very successful marriage of twenty years. Through those years my wife and I have had to work through several trials and tribulations. We could have very easily given up but the both of us took our vowels very seriously. That hard work has brought us to a point in our relationship where we know everything will be just fine. I will share with you some of the small things that have helped us to make our marriage last. This is part two of a small three part series.
9. It is so important not to keep things bottled up inside you. This will just build resentment and lead to the biggest fight imaginable. You need to express your problem and then ask for help with the answer.
10. If you think punishing your partner for something stupid they may have done your just asking for trouble. It will make them fight back even harder. Your best off to ignore the things you don’t like and praise them for the things that make you happy.
11. Here is the biggest reason people fight. MONEY Yes that’s right. Finances are the number one reason for the biggest fights around. Both of you have to learn to be open about money. When you work on the budget it has to be both of you involved equally.
12. House work isn’t just for women. The work around the house needs to be divided up evenly. This means children and yes hubby has to have an even share as well.
13. Something else that needs to be spit up and that is child care. Hubby has to be involved in changing diapers and feedings as well so that mom can take a break.
14. Don’t let your sex life disappear. There are going to be ups and downs in your sex life but as soon as either one of you see it going down make sure you start working to bring it back up. Don’t let sex turn into an argument.
15. I am not advocating having an affair but if one does happen you should still try and work things out. Figure out why it happened and see if it can be corrected. A mistake doesn’t have to be the end of a lifelong commitment.
16. Remember if you are bored with your spouse then you are probably angry about something so you should be asking yourself what you are angry about.
These are very simple tasks to put into place and follow. I cannot guarantee these will make your relationship perfect but if the relationship was meant to be then these will just show you that much sooner.
This is part two in a 3 part miniseries on how to make your relationship succeed. All the answers are not here but if you follow these tips it can make your relationship much healthier.
Dale is presently working on getting his first novel published. He has been married for twenty years and is a self taught expert fisherman for the last 35 years. You can find some of his incredible stories at his blogs. http://relationshiptidbits.blogspot.com/ http://fishingtutor.blogspot.com/ http://stcajo-readshortstories.blogspot.com/